Thursday, May 19, 2011

T-isms

I'll probably add to this one every once in a while, but I wanted to make a list of the cute things T says. I have wanted to keep a record of her sayings and this way, I can also share the cuteness :)

Real word--T's word

Seven--Fun-in
Tristann--Stin-in
Water--Watern
Oopsy--O P C
The words above are ones she has grown out of saying, but I miss it :)

Pajamas--Jimeas
Make it better--Make it very better
Hold me--Hold you
Banana--Bin-e-uh
Muppets--Ribbits
Licorice--Lick-o-lish
Throw up--Spit it
Beauty and the Beast--Booty and the Boostie
Windy- Wind-ing

When the blow dryer is on or she hears thunder or any startling sound, she'll say "Not scary, just loud."

She also loves to pretend to be asleep. Whether I'm carrying her from her bath to the bedroom, trying to get her into or out of her car seat, or attempting to remove her from a place she shouldn't be, she will say "Oh, sleep, sleep!" and then close her eyes and become dead weight. I have no doubt that she could beat a opossum at his own game.

Because I nursed T for just over 2 years, she has cognitive memories of nursing and so, still refers to my boobs as "milkies." She, however, also refers to anyone's chest--male or female, young or old--as milkies. When someone (most men, kids, and women like me who can bra shop in the little girl section) lacks a buxom form, T will say "milkies all done." She has not learned the art of whispering, yet, and so her declarations of who has milkies and whose are all done is often awkward, although always amusing.

While at the store today, T wanted to lie down and, of course, pretend to be asleep in the cart. I didn't have a blanket or coat to make a pillow for her and I told her of the dilemma. She poked my bra (which, while coming from the little girl's training bra section of WalMart, did have a slight padding to it) and said "I want that pillow." She then suggested that I also remove my shirt to provide comfort for her head. Needless to say, I gave her neither and was, instead, resigned to use my hand as her pillow. I did, however, have a horrifyingly hilarious vision of myself shirtless and braless, casually strolling through Smiths while my child feigned sleep on my missing articles. It was an image I am glad lived only in my head, although the imaginary looks on the faces around me may have almost been worth the exhibition.


No comments:

Post a Comment